What is the full form of ZSI?
ZSI full form is Zoological Survey of India. It’s an Indian organization and it’s work is research on all kinds of animals from Protozoa to Mammalia. This organization was created on July 1st, 1916, for promote survey, exploration and research. It is a government agency which is place at Kolkata.
Some regional centers of ZSI
- North Eastern , Shillong ( Meghalaya)
- Northern , Dehradun (Uttar Pradesh)
- Central Zone , Jabalpur ( Madhya Pradesh)
- Desert Centre, Jodhpur ( Rajasthan)
- Gangetic Plains Centre, Patna (Bihar)
- Marine Biology Centre, Chennai ( Tamil Nadu)
- Andaman and Nicobar , Port Blair ( Andaman & Nicobar Is.)
- Sunderbans , Canning ( West Bengal)
- Estuarine Biology , Gopalpur-on-Sea ( Orissa)
- Arunachal Pradesh , Itanagar (Arunachal Pradesh)
Official Website – zsi.gov.in